Join TEAM CAIRN and break the cycle of poverty through education
...On Your Marks
You can take part in sporting events:
- of any size, level or distance
- as part of a group, family or as a solo star
- with low sponsorship levels as your efforts go further in Nepal
As a member of TEAM CAIRN we will support you every step of the way by:
- Securing your place and registering you in your chosen race
- Helping you launch and exceed your fundraising campaign
- Providing charity branded promotional material including buckets, balloons, banners and T-shirt
So take a look at our sporting calendar and join TEAM CAIRN
- Register Now
- Email us your completed registration form to email@example.com
If there is an event you are passionate about and it has managed to escape our calendar you can either:
- Secure the place yourself and we will help you with your fundraising
- Let us know and we will do our best to secure a place for you
Our 2012 - 2013 Calendar
- BUPA Great South Run - Sunday 28 th October 2012
One of the world's leading 10 mile runs. This track takes you through the historic Portsmouth dockyard and past famous sites such as the HMS Victory.
- Santa 5K Run - Sunday 9th December 2012
Santa hats and beards to the ready. This fun run in Greenwich Park is perfect to do with friends and family or, as a first time runner.
- Brighton Half Marathon - Sunday 17th Febuary 2013
Take in the grandeur of the Royal Pavilion and Brighton pier as you pick up the pace and take on a scenic 13.2 miles of sea, sand and winter sun. Find out more on their website.
- Bath Half Marathon - Sunday 3rd March 2013
Hit a personal best in this big-city race. The flat and fast course avoids the surrounding hills and spans both sides of the river Avon, the perfect criteria for your quickest time yet.
- Brighton Marathon - Sunday 14th April 2013
What could be better than the Seaside City of Brighton to provide an atmosphere that will keep your spirits high during those demanding 26.2 miles.
- Virgin London Marathon - Sunday 21st April 2013
Enjoy the most prestigious and largest single fundraising event in the world. Expect to see some famous faces as you run a race you will never forget.
- British London 10K - Sunday, July 2013 (TBC)
This favourite 10K run takes you through the very heart of London. Whiz past Big Ben and fly down Whitehall to the cheers of thronging crowds.
- 24 Peaks in 24 Hours - All year round
Discover the diverse beauty of the UK, from the scenic waters of the Lake District to England's highest peak; Scarfell Pike. Set the pace in the tough challenge and conquer 24 peaks in 24 hours.
- London to Brighton Cycle - 16th September 2012
Pump up your tires, oil your brakes and get on your bike for a scenic 54 miles cycle from South London to the sunny coast of Brighton.
- New Forest Falling Leaves Cycle Challenge - Sunday 6th October 2012
Choose to pedal 7, 25 or 40 miles through the stunning forest and make this a family orientated event or a cycling challenge. Follow the path or make for the off-road cycle tracks.
- London to Paris bike ride - Wed 17th - Sat 21st April 2013
Cover 234 miles on an adventure with a twist. Starting in the leafy suburbs of England, through the beautiful French countryside and finishing in Parisian style under the Eiffel Tower.
- Vietnam to Cambodia - All year round
Cycle across waterways and plantations in Vietnam, past temples and colourful pagodas until you reach the dry lands and contrasting sights of ancient Cambodia.
- Nightrider - Sat 8th - 9th June 2013
A unique opportunity to see a new side to the city, ride 100km in the moonlit past London's iconic landmarks including Tower Bridge, London Zoo, Piccadilly Circus, Houses of Parliament and Trafalgar Square.
- Great Manchester Cycle - June 2013 (TBC)
Set off in waves on this multi-distance course of 13.1, 26.2 or 52 miles. Cycle down the iconic Mancunian way and see Manchester's otherwise bustling city centre closed off just for you.
- RideLondon 100 - Sat 3rd - 4th August 2013
Hot on the heels of Team GB's cycling success, join superstars such as Laura Trott for a two day world class cycling festival. The weekend will feature a series of events for families, amateur and elite cyclists including a 100 mile closed road route.
Swims, Walks, Triathalons and Challenges
- Jekyll & Hyde Park Halloween Duathlon - Sunday 28th October 2012
Kick start your Sunday with an adrenaline filled run/bike/run through Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. Approx distances 4.2km/ 20.8km/7.6km.
- British Gas Great Swim - May 2013 (tbc)
Set against the magnificent London skyline; join some of Britain's elite athletes on this one mile swim in the Royal Victoria Docks. Contrary to popular belief, the Thames is acknowledged as one of the cleanest metropolitan rivers in the world.
- Walk the South Downs - Saturday 11th May 2013
This walk is perfect to do in a group or on your own. With no limit on numbers, you can set your just how far you'd like to explore this area of outstanding beauty, 10 - 60km.
- GE Blenheim Triathlon - Sat 8th - 9th June 2013
Set in Blenheim Palace's grounds, this is a real must for all triathletes, whether its your first-time or you're an old timer, Blenheim has a distance to suit you. Team relays possible.
- Ironman 70.3 UK - Sunday 16th June 2013
Join the elite and take on this iconic Exmoor event. With a reputation for being the 'toughest 70.3 in the world' you will need to swim 1.2 miles, bike 56 miles and complete a little half marathon of 13.1 miles, to gain your well earned title.
If you would like to run, cycle or swim for The CAIRN Trust in any of these events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further support.